Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- Date and time you access our site; and
- The Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- We will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, street address, email address, and phone number, and any other information you provide. We will use this information to try to fulfill your request and may use it to provide you with additional information at a later time. We may share your information with third parties.
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
- If you submit comments or video from our Share Your Story pages you are agreeing:
- I have participated in sharing my story about Education Savings Accounts (The Project). In consideration of my participation, and without any further consideration from Opportunity for All Kids (the “Company”), I hereby grant permission to the Company to utilize my appearance, likeness, performance, name and voice (the “Appearance”) and the results and proceeds thereof in connection with the Project, in any and all manner and media, and with all rights and permissions whatsoever in perpetuity.
- I further acknowledge that the Company owns all rights to the results and proceeds of my participation in and connection with the Project.
- I authorize the Company to photograph and record in any format the Appearance; to edit the Appearance; to include it with the appearance of others and with sound effects, special effects and music; to incorporate the Appearance into the Project or other program or not; to omit altogether my participation in the Project; to use and to license others to use without restriction the Appearance in any manner or media whatsoever, including for purposes of publicity, advertising and sales promotion; and to use my name, likeness, voice, and biographical information in connection with the Project for any other purpose.
- I consent to the use of my name, likeness, voice and biographical information in connection with publicity and promotional activity for the Project and for the Company.
- I expressly release the Company, its agents, employees, licensees and assigns from and against any and all claims which I have or may have for invasion of privacy, defamation or any other cause of action arising out of production, distribution, broadcast or exhibition of the Project.
How We Use Your Information:
We may use the information we collect from you when you register or use certain Site features in the following ways:
- To send information to lawmakers at your request.
- To send text messages and phone calls.
- To personalize the Site and to allow us to deliver the type of content, services, and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our services and Site in order to better serve you.
- To provide services to our Clients.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions or respond to an inquiry.
- To send periodic emails or marketing materials regarding our products and services.
- For advertising and marketing purposes.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To notify you about changes to our service or Site.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), in that we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, information and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Other Websites
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using the website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Opportunity for All Kids
This document was last updated on July 27, 2022.